Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Death

A while ago I was thinking about death. I haven’t seen someone die yet. And rarely had I seen dead people, mostly on television. I wonder how I will die. Just like anyone else, I wanted to die peacefully. If I wouldn’t die in sleep, I want to at least die in a memorable way. But I wish not to know how. Besides, it is mere nonsense to wish for a memorable death. People can say that they will never forget you after you die or so but there are really those forgetful people who wouldn’t even care. What I’m trying to say is that the world would not stop however dramatic a death of someone is. Yes, each one of us is special. But this peculiar equality never brought us above any other else. The world will keep on moving until its death. Nobody can move mountains. Nobody can make the world stop. It is just that people in reality simply die. Time will still pass by then. Everything is going to pass by then. So as long as I still am able to breathe and live, I’d take the opportunity before the opportunity takes me away.

No comments: