Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Blackout

Blackout, in medicine, is defined to be a temporary loss of consciousness, sight, or memory. Are blackouts already disturbing to our health? I don’t know. I haven’t come across with any article concerned on answering this question yet. But perhaps, it could be something to be alarmed of. Just this day, the blackout occurred to me twice. The first one happened after I suddenly stood up from lying on the bed this morning. I woke up and stood up immediately. Then I was dizzy. Droplets of cold sweat started to form on the surface of my skin. My sight was temporarily lost. I could only see a black background with little colorful dots clustering together like tiny peculiar galaxies. I hurried to have a seat. As I did, the sensation finally left me, leaving only the cold sweat and adding a headache. The second one occurred when I was simply sitting down. I suddenly stood up, and the same thing happened. I don’t know why things like this have to happen but perhaps they are due to sudden movements. I don’t know. Nevertheless, I have to be safer than ever.

No comments: