Monday, August 18, 2008

Love is NOT Equal to Math

In a linear regression model where the system of this world is the regressand and each one of us is a regressor, sometimes I find the coefficient of my existence indeterminate and my standard of errors infinite. I guess somewhere in this multivariate complex model, I still haven’t found that one single regressor I’m perfectly collinear with. And if time comes that I detect him and we both get transformed, then we’d finally found out that together, our joint existence is in fact highly significant and our joint standard error is substantially small.

Sometimes it just feels like everything’s going into places and everything’s going to be all right with your regressor, but in reality – that is never the case. Mathematical truths they claim transcend all kinds of time. But they situated a simple wrong case that is when they started associating it with love. Because the truth is, in this multivariate complex world, no errorless perfect regressor exists.

I’m not writing this because I’m hurt. I’m writing this because I learned the truth.

No comments: