Thursday, February 11, 2010

WHAT HAPPENED TO FACEBOOK?

When Mark Zuckerberg invented Facebook, I don't think he ever had pillows on his mind while typing in the codes of the site. I have nothing against it. Now, I have to think twice to agree on that. Whenever I sign in, all I see is a freaking page flooded with leopard pillows or love pillows or pancake pillows or tootsie pillows (whatever they are!). I just don't see the self-fulfillment that these people are experiencing whenever they get to throw back pillows at each other -- virtually. Come on, it's a  waste of time and space for your profile page. Thinking of it, pillow throwing isn't just the one thing annoying at facebook. People go crazy on games about animals and farms and cooking and waiting tables and joining a sorority or whatever. I have a friend who, during the typhoon days in Manila, was worrying about the plants that she would not be able to harvest because the internet connection was out. I have this other friend who constantly talks about ninja saga all day long and how far he has gotten on the game. And another one who even broke up with her boyfriend because somebody else has bought him as a pet in Friends for Sale.
I created my account during the summer of 2008 when my cousin went home from the States. Basically, I just signed up for it because she asked me to and it took me quite some time to get around facebook because none of my friends are using it (the Friendster frenzy was still on that time). Then when almost everybody started talking about it, I also began checking it regularly. Before, it was just a simple exchange of posts on each other's wall. No ridiculous invites from Mafias. No requests to send a heart back. No appeals to deliver a package to someone whose name I haven't even heard of. Now, the goal to keep in touch with friends is defeated. More often than not, people open their facebook pages to: first, check if somebody sent a friend request; second, play and level up; third, stalk someone; the rest, play again and level up.
I don't call this "hard feelings" or "being KJ." I call this "my god, kung anu-ano na lang meron sa facebook." I don't ask you to share my sentiments because aside from the awful games and applications, everything else in facebook I enjoy. Now tell me, don't I deserve the right to ask "What happened to Facebook?" =)

2 comments:

BabyneSs said...

I'll answer your question.

Facebook became wild and it's getting wilder and wilder as time goes by. People using it get wild, too. Time will come, they will all lose their minds. We will all lose our minds.

OMG!Got to go, 4hrs. had already passed. My strawberries are waiting for me :p LOLZ!

yancy_8372 said...

whoahhh alam mo...rock riot lang nilalaro ko..jujuju ung parang o2jam...whoahhh