Saturday, June 28, 2008

unwritten

Well, welcome to college! This is it. There's no turning back now. The life-determining stage whom everyone loves and fears both. Yet of course i miss my high school life. So allow me to take a last glimpse on the dream I have built on the last four years that have passed by.

...............................................................................................................................

It’s been ten long years now. The last time I saw them was our high school graduation. After throwing our graduation hats up high in the air, we haven’t even heard much from one another. Until today…


I woke up to the hassling noise of my digital alarm clock but was too bothered to get up. Half-awake and half-asleep, I still managed to put on my slippers and started tracking the way to my bathroom. I thought it was a usual day because it started off pretty normal but what I didn’t know – the fun was yet pending. I grabbed the remote control, struggled on the buttons to catch a good channel, and seconds later, my jaw just dropped. Who would have thought that our dearest Dennes is now an endorser of a famous briefline? Oh my God! The timid little boy has grown up to be the next metro sexual hunk. I almost dropped the glass I was holding that time. And if it wasn’t shocking enough, guess who created the design for the said clothing line? The brand is none other than “BUDAHHHHH,” created by the world-celebrated designer and fashion stylist Daryll. He also a fashion icon when it comes to couture, swimwear, day dresses, and avant-garde looks.


They indeed have accomplished much but it weren’t only them. Browsing on the other channels, some of us have gone international. Some even conquered Hollywood; Balans is now the power forward of Phoenix Suns, Keno is now the head choreographer of Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown while Eden is the head make-up artist of the daughters of Brad Pitt and Angie Jolie. And going into health and lifestyle, Jarvey is now the fitness guru of Hulk Hogan, John Cena, and The Rock. Whoew! Well, in the local buzz, Jory captured the hearts of the whole country as he stars in the biggest movie hit of the year – My BIG Love Part 4. By the way, Mitchelle produced that film under Newton Films. I thought the cable has gone wild but this is really newsflash!


Because of the diversity in his voice and the ability to change it into various personae, Jove is now the dabber of the hundreds of pocket monsters in the Pinoy version of Pokemon, sound director of Pinoy version Princess Hours, and translator of scripts in Hana Kimi. The ever emolicious Emman also has soared in his career upon winning the Outstanding VJ for 2018. He hosts MTV on Mondays and Wednesdays; Channel V on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays; and MYX on Tuesdays and Fridays. Woohooh! Another click on the remote and I saw a familiar face. It took a couple of minutes before realizing that it was Mau and Maiah, the new anchors of CNN. They are announcing the winners of the recently held Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Universe– Joyce, Leigh, and Reysa respectively. Great work everyone.


I was so overwhelmed (in a good way of course!) by all these superb accomplishments of my friends way back in high school. I decided to turn off the TV and proceed to the restaurant of the hotel to grab something to eat. The Capelli d’ Angelo ala Carbonara was mouth-watering so I anticipated to meet the head chef. Would you believe that it was our own Aron? From him, I’ve also learned that Daniel was the restaurateur and owner of that hotel I’m staying at and if that’s not enough yet, his good friend Jesusa, now a famous interior designer, organized his place. Another wow! When I get to the Audio-Visual room, I asked the butler who would be performing. To my astonishment, two of the country’s soul performers will be rendering high-profile music on their latest albums: Florencio is now the most popular balladeer and GJ of course is the head vocalist of his own band which got the Most Viewed award in Youtube for 730 consecutive days. Before I went of the building, I spotted another familiar face leading a group in the conference room near the lobby. Oh yes, how I could forget! The shy Anamae is now the president of GABRIELA. You go girl!


I headed to the airport for my flight and I met an acquaintance before boarding the plane. I’ve learned that my former classmates Carl and MJ were the head architect and engineer of the largest airfield port in the country. And next month, they will again team up to create the tallest academic building in Asia which is to be built in Taiwan. Big-time huh?! Lols. Inside the plane, the flight attendant was making her usual walk along the aisle then she stopped in front of my seat. Oh my God, I almost shouted inside the plane when I realized that it was Analyn. From her, I learned that Glen (now also a pilot of one of the Thunderbirds in the U.S. Air Force) was driving the plane and on the other lane, Keh is the pilot for the newest and largest airbus in the world which Marlu had designed. She then offered me the snack and then I nearly choked when she said that Ate Jane has put up a multinational company manufacturing the best cheese sticks in the world. This time, it already has different flavors to choose from: pimiento, nacho, cheddar, camembert, Roquefort, mozzarella, and havarti. Cool, eh? (That’s why it tastes familiar, lols.)


Talking about profession, the heck of them dived into the noblest jobs in the world! Samae is now the directress of an international school where Czarina is the speech teacher. According to Apil, their school is actually sending the youngest delegate for an international oratorical contest and she is the head coach of the young genius - the only daughter of a world-renowned author of winning novels and a head animator for Pixar and Warner Bros. Clueless? Oh c’mon. Give up now? Well, it’s Evangel and Lee. Yes, they’re now happily married for three years. (Sshhh…because of the heartbreak and deep frustration, Fatima entered the monastery and became the youngest nun. Poor Imang! But then she realized the world isn’t over without Banjel so she got out of the sisterhood and put up her own boutique. It was an astonishing anime store that sells various costumes inspired by anime characters themselves. Awesome! lols) By the way, the school also hosts a symposium on Children Rights and Issues and Atty. Micah is the keynote speaker. According to Samae, they got her because she never lost a case and of course because of her astounding performance in the defense arena.


As I was strolling along the busy avenue, my eyes were nailed at this humongous billboard which features the new whitening product of Unilever. Okay. Oh wait, here’s the catch. Robert was the resident chemist of the company who invented the formula for this wonder instant whitening lotion. Nice one Bert! I was about to continue walking when something really bothered me. What was that in that picture that I couldn’t take my eyes off. Darn it, I finally got it! I had about twenty “Oh my God’s” thinking that our dearest Ace endorses this whitening product. With him is of course the ever flawless Julie now endorsing a tanning lotion also created by Bert. For once I thought the world has gone so crazy but I think this is just the start of the changes. I may not be used to it before but this is the real situation now and I have to deal with it.



I was waiting for my ride at this newsstand and then I just found myself suddenly grabbing this copy of Time magazine where Patty was the cover girl. She is now a philanthropist, offering scholarships and job opportunities to thousands of Filipinos inside and out of the country. The shot was taken by Chano and who would have that this smarty pants before is a world-renowned photographer now. Moreover, I have browsed the pages and learned that he was about to market his new documentary featuring none other than his schoolmates! He made a film out of the pictures he took from his batch mates way back in 2008. Nice one dude. And not only that, the Global section of the manuscript featured the Most Outstanding Ambassador of the Philippines who have chosen to work on a very faraway place which is almost impossible to track on the globe. She has helped many “kababayans” there who are also sacrificing to generate income for families in the Philippines. Another hint? Oh yes, it’s Faye and Faye it is!


Finally, my ride came to pick me up. It was a quite long ride to the beach so the chauffer offered some entertainment by providing a Mac Notebook. I guess my wonders are done but I am so darn wrong. The ever technical committee Gani is now working for Macintosh and is soon-to-be the executive vice-president of this techie company. Browsing on the Internet, I found out that Alyanna is now a title holder in the Guinness Book for most number of hot chilies eaten. The hot babe is now the new “Sili Queen” of the region and of the world. (Take note: her record is thrice as much as the previous title holder and nobody comes even close among her competitors!) What is more is the first astronaut to circle the orbit of Neptune. A woman. A Filipina. A BriScian. It is Maquel ladies and gents. Also, the introverted but mostly bashful Hylene has won a year supply of WOW Magic Sing after being chosen as the next model for the tourism ads in the television and radios. But it’s not only Hy who was offered such a great deal in the music industry, Bmae is now the head conductor of a marching band in a famous university and is also inspired by her many compositions. Her lyre rendition at the Staples Center was the musical accompaniment in the singing of “Lupang Hinirang” during the final match of Pacman.


I was even more shocked that many of my friends have entered politics. Mitch is the first woman PMAer from the country to be offered a scholarship at WestPoint, the site of the U.S. Military Academy. No later was she hired as the chief security officer of the newly elected President of America – Eljohn! Meanwhile in the country, Kentai is appointed as new Defense secretary after seven years in the Department of Budget and Management. (Newsflash! His wife is taking over the office in the Finance Department as its new secretary as well. Money-wise, the couple has survived a lot of issues and scandals that try to ruined the standing of our economy in the global market.) And oh by the way, Eljohn is meeting with the RP president for an Economic Conference in Kuwait. Ruiza is established to be such a superb leader after proving to the Filipinos that we are really worth dying for. She initiated boosting up our condition and now, Philippines is a first-world country. Thank you madam president!


Alright, we finally arrived at this magical resort. The place, owned by none other than Che was named the Eighth wonder of the world. Meeting her after almost a decade, we exchanged our hugs and kisses and she treated me to a full-body massage in the resort spa. I got more news from her though while we were chatting! Aubrey according to her is now a very famous comedienne in her own laugh line comedy bar. She indeed enjoys entertaining people with her cranky jokes and smooth punch lines. Zierra is now the chief stenographer of Supreme Federal Tribunal, the Supreme Court of Brazil. Her writing and copying skills impressed most of the American and European countries that she is also available for hiring by other judiciary systems of the world. Sarah Jane is now employed in Area 51, the US site for alien hunting and other paranormal activities. She became expert in foreseeing the future and talking to dead people that forgot to impose their last wills to their families. (Pretty creepy but cool!) Alexa now owns the largest man-made safaris in the world and she opened branches in Africa, Bolivia, and Canada. However, she still advocates protection for endangered species and refuse to kill any of them good work gal!


In the field of sports, Tetma just won 6 gold medals, 8 silvers, and 2 bronzes in the recently held Australian Olympics for equestrian. She and her favorite horse Marimar has won lots of international competitions locally and internationally. Marimar by the way is well taken cared of by its official veterinarian – Paul. And Misha, his wife now is a busy socialite conducting annual dog shows that features the most talented K9’s of theb world. Of course, her hubby is always the judge. Lols! Tin-Tin became a gymnast who also grabbed medals and awards in the Beijing Olympics. Fammy organized the first All-women national basketball team of the country and is the head coach and manager of it.

At the beach, a surfing competition is currently transpiring and a sexy hot lady arrived as the winner. Oh my God, would you believe that it was none other than Sheena. She never fears waves and catches on with them. Now, she is Surfing Babe 2018. Along the beach shore on the other hand, another competition was being held and I saw another familiar challenger who just grabbed the top spot and won the best made sand sculpture in the world – it was Alvie! In addition, Che said that she had recently won other awards in Botswana for creating the best ice sculpture; in New Zealand for creating the best clay sculpture; and in Northern Uganda for the best chalkdust sculpture. Superb!


The cruising ship arrived and there was a big banquet at the deck. The captain of the vessel “Las Olivaria” would be throwing a big party after announcing her engagement. Meeting him surprised every nerve in me because it was Kim. Keep up the good work dude. We’ve talked over some classmates who had rented some of his yachts and according to him, Iwal and Sloth were some of the genuine customers. Lani now owns the widest rice field in the country. She shares her blessings to malnourished children by providing free sacks of rice every week to families of these poor broods. Big heart there, huh? She also is the major supplier of rice porridge, rice cakes, and rice ice cream for the Pope. (Shocks men, they’re tight.) And oh, have you heard of the new international cult “Clandestine?” Matet was the founder of it and now, she is being worshipped by Clandies from USSR, Iceland, Japan, and Antartica. It was even approved by the United Nations because of its super beneficial activities and religious performances that still support Christianity.


The next morning I arrived at my new destination. Yesterday was a very long day and everything I’ve learned about them was learned on that day merely. I remembered those ups and downs with each one of them, the laughter and the tears I had shared with them, and the memories we had woven together through my four fruitful years in high school. And oh by the way, if you ask about me? My life now is my dream. I meet CEOs, sign checks, and travel around the globe. And as much as I am happy for my success now, I am so in high spirits as well for all of them because seeing all of us reach our dreams is the very essence of having friends. Not simply because they offer loan at a much better rate than the bank but they are then ones who made the story of my life, turning every limitations into beautiful privileges. They will always be my oasis, encouraging me to go on. And this relationship will not stop after ten years, not even after twenty or thirty years but will enable me to continue walking serene and happy for the rest of my life.


My phone suddenly rang. It was Mitch actually. “Yah? Hello?” “Mads, our batch will hold its first get-together in December. We’re already planning for it. Everyone’s gonna be there. I’m looking forward to see you soon.” “That’s great; of course I’ll be there. See you in a couple of months?” “Okay, bye for now” “Bye.” And I hang up.


After high school, we never stopped writing the pages of a new chapter. Our books are our own lives. And God gave us the gift of being its authors. Each time a door closes, ten will soon open. Never doubt in what you think you can achieve. Let every opportunity challenge you. And write every experience you take. Create certainty on every page, on every leaf, on every chapter, on every book. And most importantly, never ever forget those people with their little acts that helped inspired to make your dreams big.


No one else can do this for you. Only you can let it in…Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. love it! ;PPP
i keep on laughing. i recognize these people in the article by how you have described them to us. lols
- frend xandz